Friday, March 19, 2010

Mayer Hawthorne


Mayer Hawthorne - In keeping with the theme of my last post, here's a young white guy who thinks he's a soul singer. And a pretty damn good one at that. I hadn't heard of Mayer until a few months ago, and when I originally heard his track Just Ain't Gonna Work Out, I wasn't too impressed. After some repeated listening, and a viewing of the great music video that accompanies the song (watch it below!), I changed my mind. Mayer has a great voice, and the his music/voice are highly original (how many other white soul singers came out with albums last year? [Robin Thicke not included]). If you don't like him the first time through, give it a couple more listens, I guarantee you'll change your mind.

Just Ain't Gonna Work Out - Mayer Hawthorne / Mediafire
When I Said Goodbye - Mayer Hawthorne / Mediafire
Thin Moon (Remix) [Feat. Mayer Hawthorne] - James Pants / Mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment