Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Kids Don't Stand A Chance (+Remixes) - Vampire Weekend


Vampire Weekend exploded onto the indie music scene in early 2008 with their self-titled debut album. They brought a fresh, new sound to indie music, and although I'm not a huge fan of all their music, one song in particular off their first album caught my ear. That song is "The Kid's Don't Stand A Chance". The first time I heard it, I didn't pay much attention to it, but after hearing the Miike Snow remix, I went back and gave it a few more listens and now I love it. This post has the original track, as well as two great remixes, one by Miike Snow, and the other by Chromeo. The Miike Snow mix is actually one of my favorite songs, and holds a spot in my most played songs on itunes so make sure to give that one a listen first.


*Bonus*
As a bonus, B.o.B's new album The Adventures of Bobby Ray, which dropped on April 27th, features the track "The Kids", which bases it's melody around the Vampire Weekend song. It's fire, and if you don't already have the entire album (which you should), at least pick this track up.


No comments:

Post a Comment