Monday, July 5, 2010

Nas & Damian Marley


When two of the leading artists in their respective genres put out an album together, the result is generally nothing less than spectacular, and Distant Relatives is no exception. After working together on the track "Road to Zion", off of Damian Marley's last album Welcome to Jamrock, Damian and Nas decided to collaborate on an album celebrating Africa and the interconnectedness of all peoples. Since I first heard about the project I was extremely excited; what could be better than two of my favorite artists collaborating on an entire album together? Although on first listen it wasn't quite what I had expected ( a lot more hip-hop and a lot less reggae), the album quickly grew on me. Nas' slick rhymes and A-list of guests bring the album together, over thundering reggae beats by Damian. Here's two of the top cuts, plus the original collabo which made the album happen (which in my opinion is better than anything on the album).

Road to Zion (Feat. Nas) - Damian Marley




As We Enter - Nas & Damian Marley

Africa Must Wake Up (Feat. K' Naan) - Nas & Damian Marley



Removed by request


No comments:

Post a Comment