Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mt Eden Dubstep



Presenting Mt Eden Dubstep... AKA the artist which got me into dubstep. This is surprising mainly because Mt Eden is not well known, in fact, he's not even signed to a label. His only website is his Facebook group, and he has put out only one official mixtape as of this posting. His sound is definitely on the chiller side of the dubstep spectrum, but without a doubt it will still blow your speakers if you turn it up. The first time someone blasted "Sierra Leone" for me, I had never even heard of dubstep, but the haunting vocals and wobbly bass mixed with tight snare hits instantly caught my ear. At first I thought it was some wild form of hip-hop I'd never heard before, but as I began looking for more music like it I realized it was a genre of its own, and an amazing one at that.

*Play at full volume. Preferably on a fat sound system with your windows open, because after all, music is best when shared with your entire neighborhood*

No comments:

Post a Comment