Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lupe Fiasco - Stereo Sun


Some new Lupe, and word is this was cut from Lasers. I purposely haven't touched on the topic of "Lasers" so far, so this is going to be the one and only time I do it. The number of times I have flip flopped on how I felt about the album before it came out, and since the it's come out is countless. However, I've recently made my final decision. Drumroll please.....



I love this album. Yes, Lupe said he hated the process of creating the album, and by association some of the songs. I agree, some of them are not so hot, but after a few listens, there's honestly not any I feel forced to skip when I listen through the whole album. I think the problem is that it's a Lupe album, and people expect hyper-conscious, revolutionary lyrics and music. Lupe is just another rapper, albeit a great, but still, just another guy on his rap grind. If anyone else had put this album out, and it didn't have all the hype and back story weighing it down, people would be calling it an amazing album. I've downloaded a copy of the album, but I WILL be buying it as soon as I get down to a record store later this week. You should do the same.

Lupe Fiasco - Stereo Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment