Monday, February 28, 2011

Video!: Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill (Live Lounge Radio)



Another live, acoustic version of a song I love for you guys. For the past term, "On Melancholy Hill" has been my all-weather jam. I play it when I'm getting ready to go out, when I'm upset, or while I'm cooking dinner; it fits any occasion. The acoustic version strips down the original, getting rid of the catchy synths and replaces them with a xylophone, or maybe glockenspiel... Shit, maybe I should have paid attention in 5th grade music class. The guitar sounds raw and Alborn's wistful vocals make this a beautiful version of an already top notch song.

Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill (Live Acoustic Version)

BONUS: Here's a great house mix of the original song, done by AN21 & Max Vangelis. Extra bass and the original melody, plus some great additions make this one is a definite keeper.

Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill (AN21 & Max Vangeli Remix)

Make sure to listen to/buy the original over on iTunes; it's been one of my favorite songs of the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment