Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cee-Lo Green



Cee-Lo Green the Soul Machine. Cee-lo has been around for a minute now, but I feel like, at least in the NW, he doesn't get much love. In the '90s he was a part of Southern hip-hop group Goodie Mob, and since has begun a successful solo career, collaborating with a host of other artists, including the Dungeon Family, Ludacris and Outkast. His most well known work is probably his collaboration with DJ Danger Mouse as half of Gnarls Barkley. Here, however,  I want to highlight his solo work, because besides being a rapper, he's a great soul and funk singer as well. These four tracks are singles off of his two solo albums, and they can all be found on Closet Freak: The Best of Cee-Lo Green the Soul Machine, his best-of album.

I'll Be Around (Feat. Timbaland) - Cee-Lo
The Art Of Noise (Feat. Pharell) - Cee-Lo
Gettin' Grown - Cee-Lo
Under Tha Influence (Follow Me) - Cee-Lo



EDIT: Got my first DMCA takedown notice for this post. FUCK THAT. But  I don't want to get my blog taken down so I had to remove the links. If you want any of the songs mentioned, hit me up for the download.

No comments:

Post a Comment