Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wiz Khalifa


In light of Wiz's upcoming tour date in Eugene, I thought I'd see if I could convert some new found fans and help fill up WOW Hall. The way most people know Wiz Khalifa is through his massive summer 2008 hit, Say Yeah. Infectiously poppy, this song was what gave Wiz his fanbase. Now he's got a couple independently produced albums and quite a few mixtapes, and he's established himself as one of the top up-and-coming rappers of the year. The song "In The Cut", featured below is off his new mixtape, Kush & Orange Juice, one of two or three mixtapes by him that are supposed to come out this year. "The Thrill" has Wiz dropping in over Empire of the Sun's "Walking on a Dream", and is definitely one of his best efforts to date. Wiz is still figuring out how to appeal commercially, but once he does, dude's gonna be huge. Cop now.

To get tickets for his May 13, 2010 show in Eugene, visit The WOW Hall website.


EDIT: Got another DMCA takedown notice for this post. I don't want to get my blog taken down so I had to remove the links. If you want any of the songs mentioned, hit me up for the download.

No comments:

Post a Comment