Sunday, April 25, 2010

Daft Punk


I'll be the first one to admit, until Stronger, I hadn't heard of Daft Punk. Once I found out about them though, there was no stopping me. I was a fiend. There music is infectious; it finds its way deep into your brain and stays there for days just bouncing around, making you hum to yourself under your breath. They're most well known to the general public for the samples used by Kanye and Busta in Stronger and Touch It respectively. Once those songs were big hits, more of their music become popular, and some of their better known ones are One More Time and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. The songs I've posted aren't quite as well known, but they're definitely my favorites from the Daft Punk catalogue. The first two are off their 2005 album Human After All, and the third is an amazing mashup of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger & Outkast's Roses. The finals song is the single from their live album Alive 2007, and is one of my favorite electronic songs of all times. They seamlessly blend a bunch of their hits together to create an epic piece of work. Once you watch this live video of them performing the song, you'll understand why the #1 group I want to see live is Daft Punk. Wish I could embed it, but embedding has been disabled for this particular video, so just check the link.

Human After All - Daft Punk / Mediafire
Make Love - Daft Punk / Mediafire
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Alive 2007) - Daft Punk / Mediafire
Punkroses- Daft Punk x Outkast / Mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment